The Handheld Librarian 2 will continue the dialog with a 2-day online conference scheduled for February 17-18, 2010 and is now accepting registrations at http://www.handheldlibrarian.org.
The program -- sponsored by Alliance Library System, and LearningTimes -- will include a series of wonderful keynote and featured speakers collection of available resources, discussions boards, and access to the recording of all live events for one year after the conference. More people than ever are using mobile devices for a wide variety of purposes including communication, internet access, text messaging, and entertainment. It is important that libraries provide mobile services as handheld use increases.
The conference will feature four exciting keynote talks:
- Joan K. Lippincott from the Coalition for Networked Information speaking about "Mobilizing Libraries for Today's Students"
- Joe Murphy from Yale University speaking about "This is Now: The Mobile Library"
- Alison Miller, Internet Public Library, "Mobile Trends and Social Reference"
- Tom Peters of TAP Information Services, addressing "Morphing with Mobile"
- Mobile SIG co-convener, Sarah Jewell, will be presenting on Thursday at 3:30. Her topic is "Medical Info to Go: Point of Care".