Subscribe via email

Saturday, November 01, 2003

Computers in Libraries

Another great conference in March in Washington DC is Computers in Libraries. I have never attended this, but I would like to! It looks wonderful! Jenny Levine, the Shifted Librarian is on the opening panel (congratulations, Jenny!) and is doing a program with Steven Cohen on RSS. There are also several good programs on PDAs. There is one on "Tablet PCs at the Reference Desk" with speakers David Bennett, Donald Luisi, and Jackie Corinth from Robert Morris University Library; "PDAs in the Library: The Whole World in Our Palms" by Megan Fox; and "Getting Pushy: Delivering Content to PDA Users" by Colleen Cuddy, Systems Librarian, NYU School of Medicine.

I would like to attend this conference! In the meantime, I would also like to hear Barbara Fullerton's presentation on gadgets! Barbara and I have corresponded by email and even co-wrote an article, but have never met in person!

No comments: